· Counts, measures, and weighs seafood and products.
· Constructs, lines, and pads cartons, crates, and containers using hand tools.
· Examines containers, products, and materials for quality control and ensures packing requirements are met.
· Handles raw seafood and shellfish demonstrating basic knowledge of species
· Package products in boxes, totes, or crates for storage or shipment
· Enters packing, order, and product information in or on required forms, records, or other documents.
· Perform job operations units of measurement, weight, volume, and distance
· Stacks boxes on pallets.
· Loads products and materials into appropriate packages
· Identifies defects in seafood products
· Maintain a safe and clean environment
· Operates equipment to move seafood from place to place
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Passionate about shellfish and the fishing industry
· Ability to follow directions.
· Ability to assess products for quality compliance.
· Good time management skills.
· Basic understanding of principles and processes of customer service
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
· At least two years of related work experience required.
About Wellfleet Shellfish Company
At Wellfleet Shellfish Company we strive to advance the local and international fishing and seafood community through the responsible and sustainable procurement, processing, and sale of the highest quality seafood products and to promote a safe and positive environment for all of our employees, business partners, and the world at large.