The Delivery Driver position at North Coast will be responsible for loading, unloading and delivering product from our warehouse for local delivery. This will require the driver operate a box van (non-CDL) and assist with some work on the production floor, sorting and packing product for delivery.
This position requires dependability and someone who is experienced with delivery driving. Physical strength and stamina, as well as a clean driving record, are needed. Delivery Drivers must be organized, efficient and professional always while ensuring deliveries are made accurately and on time.
This position reports to the General Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver product to specific locations to scheduled route
- Ensure products are delivered in a timely manner
- Load and organize product inventory from warehouse into your vehicle and unload products in and out of truck as needed throughout the day
- Follow rules and regulations of the road at all times.
- Follow all company and state enforced safety requirements for loading and unloading product
- Scan or write in confirmation of delivery upon arrival to recipient client
- Collect signature at delivery locations
- 1+ years, experience in a delivery driver position
- 1+ years, experience working in a warehouse a plus
- Experience in food manufacturing; seafood or meat processing a plus
- Experience using hand trucks, pallet jacks and forklifts a plus
- Valid and clean driver’s license, required
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
- Proficient at driving and parking large vehicles
- Able to provide excellent customer service
- Able to maintain an environment that drives performance and a safe workplace
- Drive an environment of teamwork and open communication
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds
- Work up to a 10-hour workday: standing/walking most of the day
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, weekends when needed
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives
North Coast Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
At North Coast, employees are considered part of a family where everyone works together to ensure the founding mission and values of the company are upheld every day. We offer an inclusive work environment spearheaded by an approachable leadership team who believes in the idea that it’s not just about the work we do, it’s about what the work allows us to do for our loved ones.
We foster the opportunity for real growth and long-term employment. Most members of our leadership team started out on the floor and through mentorship advanced into their current roles. We are currently looking to build the next generation of leaders.
We offer competitive compensation packages including comprehensive health care coverage, vacation and 401(k) to all full-time benefit-eligible employees. Employees also have access to the highest quality seafood at cost.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position.