Harbor Health is seeking Staff Nurses to join our per diem pool at our to cover open shifts at the Harbor Community Health Center in Hyannis. The Staff Nurse provides nursing services at the top of his/her license to patients in accordance with all applicable Massachusetts State Laws as well as regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health and Harbor Health Services, Inc. Duties include but are not limited to: triage; access; case management; and nursing support of clinical sessions. We have day, evening and Saturday shifts.
Staff Nurse Job duties include but are not limited to:
Assists providers and Care Team members in caring for patients in an ambulatory setting.
In conjunction with the team and providers, assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan of care.
Assists providers with on-going assessments and evaluates needs and interventions based on the patients current status, adjusting the care plan as required and assuring compliance and understanding of the long-term plans.
Patient teaching for all patients and families.
Communicating with all staff, patients and families with excellent written and verbal skills.
Administering medications and vaccinations to patients as needed.
Preferred/Required Experience, Education, Skills:
• Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse (RN) and current Basic Life Support Certification required, BSN preferred.
• Excellent customer service and verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to effectively work within both a team setting and independently and with economically, racially and linguistically diverse customers
• Basic computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office and EMR (EPIC preferred).
• Experience in a community health and/or ambulatory care setting preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.