Harbor Health Services is an innovative, growing, mission-based organization that lives, serves and collaborates with our community members to achieve our mission to help individuals reach their full potential through access to local, affordable services that promote health. Harbor provides medical, behavioral health, dental, and support services to more than 34,000 patients in Boston, the South Shore, and Cape Cod. Harbor Health also operates two Programs for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly in Mattapan and Brockton, providing comprehensive healthcare, transportation and social services for more than 450 frail elders who continue to live with dignity and independence in the community. To help further the mission of Harbor, we are looking for a talented Family Nurse Practitioner to join our Primary Care Department.
The Nurse Practitioner provides care appropriate to the patient population served, including routine health maintenance, management of chronic conditions, and management of acute illness for patients. Position is full time and hours may include evening shifts and Saturday rotation based on clinic needs.
Harbor Health Services is qualified for Federal and State Loan Repayment Programs!
Our comprehensive Benefits package includes Continuing Medical Education Stipend of up to $2500 and 5 days of leave per year, reimbursement for initial and renewal cost of licenses, generous PTO with additional 11 Paid Holidays annually plus much more!
• Serves as a primary care provider for a panel of patients.
• Organizes and manages the care of primary care patients, including outpatient visits, communication with patients by mail, email or phone, inpatient care, referral for specialty care, provision of or referral for patient education for self-management, assesses health risks, promotes and provides disease prevention, and practices evidenced based medicine.
• Provides routine health maintenance by performing interval well visits. This may include a complete history and physical, developmental assessment, risk assessment, cancer screening, and health promotion education. Follows up on any problems detected. Makes appropriate referrals for additional services required, including, nutrition, social services, behavioral health, specialty care.
• Provides timely and expert care to patients with acute illness.
• Manages common chronic illnesses, including acute complications and routine follow-up, provides or arranges for appropriate patient education regarding self-management of chronic illnesses.
• Participates in an on-call system with other providers in the Center and with other providers at affiliated health centers that provides 24-hour access to a provider for our patients.
• Participates in evening/weekend/holiday clinic schedule to provide face to face care, follow up visits, acute care and other clinical services to patients.
• As appropriate, provides high quality in-hospital care for patients who identify the Nurse Practitioner as their primary care provider. Also provides in-patient care for other providers when on-call.
• Participates in provider staff meetings, departmental meetings, general staff meetings, trainings, care team meetings and quality improvement/practice transformation sessions.
• Participates in managed care plans and assists the Center by reinforcing patient understanding of such plans; makes appropriate, cost efficient referrals and admission decisions and refers only to participating specialists; provides guidance and monitoring of systems necessary for the function of managed care programs.
• Updates Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately using proper coding and documents care accordingly; accurately and timely documents care in the medical record with progress notes, lab follow-ups, communications with patients; maintains a current problem list, medication flow sheet, immunization record and other appropriate information.
• Completed accredited Nurse Practitioner program in Family Practice
• Current MA NP License, Family Practitioner, Board Certified, Current DEA, MCSR and Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) required
• Computer Literate (MS Office, Windows), experienced with EMR (EPIC/OCHIN highly desired)
• 2+ years of NP experience and bilingual capability (Portuguese/Spanish/English) preferred
• Experience working with Office Based Addiction Treatment (OBAT) highly desired
• Experience with a community health center population and practice setting preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.