The Medical Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Health Center and patients. This position is 40 hours weekly, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, subject to change as clinic needs change.
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join our Care Team at the Harbor Community Health Center in Hyannis!
• Responds to incoming calls in the Family Practice Dept. and triages messages and/or transfers appropriately.
• Schedules appointments for patients as necessary.
• Verifies patient/provider/care team information.
• Obtains information about referrals, prescription refills, and requests for lab results.
• Performs clerical duties for the department, which may include faxing, photocopying, sorting, and delivery of mail, reviews and ensures appropriate flow of documents.
• Requests and confirms medication refill requests.
• Processes Medical PT-1 (Patient Transportation) and PA (Pre- Authorization for medication), tracks Data for Grant Purpose such as Fit test etc. and answers EMR Task box.
• Obtains Urgent and Emergency Consult Notes.
• Documents results received and orders obtained, such as x-rays, etc. in Order Management in the EMR.
• Documents Emergency Room follow up, Hospitalization and other medical visits or events.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High school diploma/GED
• 2 years of professional experience providing administrative support in a clinical setting
• Excellent customer service skills both in-person and on the telephone
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
• Experience using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR), EPIC highly desired, proven basic skills with Microsoft office products Outlook, Excel, Word
• Priority setting skills, ablility to handle stressful situations in a calming manner
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate or Medical Assistant Certification and/or experience preferred
• Bilingual English/Portuguese highly desired or English/Spanish.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Location is Harbor Community Health Center, Hyannis.
About Harbor Health Services, Inc.
Harbor Health Services, Inc. (HHSI) is a nonprofit, public health agency committed to providing quality, comprehensive health care to all those in our community regardless of ability to pay.
Harbor Health Services includes Neponset Health Center, Geiger Gibson Community Health Center, The Elder Service Plan, (located in Boston, MA), Harbor Community Health Center-Plymouth, Harbor Community Health Center -Hyannis and the Ellen Jones Community Dental Center (located in Harwich, MA.)
We offer an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life, & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan, Vacation, Sick & Holiday time & Professional Development Stipends. Position is located at the Harbor Community Health Center, Hyannis, MA