Advocate and provide a positive member experience to new and existing members with various financial needs. Process transactions and assist in various branch activities in an accurate and professional manner. Support recommendations around efficiencies, initiatives, and improvements.
Essential Functions – Listed below are some of the essential functions to carry out this job.
· Greet members to the credit union and recommend products and services utilizing listening skills and open-ended questions to identify member needs. Advocate for our members and ensure all needs are met.
· Process transactions including, cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals, loan and mortgage payments and safe deposit payments.
· Balance cash drawer and ensure personal daily settlement; maintain neat and organized cash drawer.
· Assist in end of day activities.
· Have an understanding of all electronic delivery channels offered by the credit union:
o Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Debit Cards, Mobile Deposit, e-statement, etc.
· Maintain operational soundness of one’s own work as it applies to policies and procedures.
· Support and assist other locations and departments as needed.
· Ensure confidentiality within all areas of responsibility.
· Act as an ambassador to the company and promote credit union products; including deposit and loan products, online and business services.
· Adherence with credit union policies that could be amended from time to time.
· Follow all procedures pertaining to the Credit Union’s policies of BSA, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC. Attend trainings when available and to keep abreast of all information regarding changes and updates. Report to Management any acts of disregard to these policies. Successfully complete all company required and job specific training.
· Perform additional duties as required.
Qualifications, Education Requirements and Preferred Skills
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Good relationship skills, ability to work with a variety of team members and customers.
· Must be organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office.
· Bilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese) a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands Efforts
This function requires moderate standing, walking and sitting. Will be sitting while performing computer data entry functions. Position does not involve climbing or crawling but may on occasion kneel/squat. Requires lifting and moderate carrying of items up to 25 pounds such as a banker’s box. Ability to operate normal office equipment such as, telephone, copy machine, fax, scanner, and computer.
Mental & Visual Demands
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus
This position typically works in an office environment. Noise is moderate and typical of conversations and office equipment.
Americans with Disabilities Act
First Citizens’ Federal Credit Union complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment. The company will provide reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship.
· Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
· This job description is subject to change at any time.
About First Citizens' Federal Credit Union
Do What's Right, Get Better Every Day, Support & Improve Our Community- Our core values serve as the foundation for how we work and how our people grow.
First Citizens’ is dedicated to helping our customers make the right choices about how to manage, borrow and save their money for the future. We employ over 200 full and part-time team members who believe in building strong, long term relationships so they can achieve the customer’s financial goals. We have locations in New Bedford, Raynham, Taunton, Mattapoisett, Wareham, Falmouth, Mashpee, Hyannis, Orleans, Hanover and a lending office in Plymouth, MA.
We are committed to providing the best possible environment for development and goal achievement for all of our team members. Our practice is to treat each team member as an individual while developing a spirit of teamwork; individuals working together to attain a common goal. We’re looking for people with innovative ideas and a passion for a challenge. We’ve created a workplace in which everyone has the ability to come as you are and seek to bring people of various backgrounds, skills, and experience together. Diversity fuels creativity and enables people to do their best work; and what more could we ask for.