Assist management with ensuring overall accuracy and integrity of financial data and is responsible for general ledgers and accounting responsibilities. Assist with external audit and examinations and regulatory filings
Essential Functions – Listed below are some of the essential functions to carry out this job.
· Reconcile general ledger accounts assigned and monitored by the reconciliation control matrix. Ensure reconcilements are prepared timely. Perform necessary functions to reconcile correspondent banks and other accounts as necessary.
· Collect data and prepare financial reports for Board of Directors, senior management and regulatory agencies. Prepare and transmit asset liability files for outside vendor(s).
· Maintain and support general ledger system including the setup of the GL system and updating and maintenance of the interface file from the outsourced loan and deposits data system host to the GL.
· Perform daily cash management function to ensure that correspondent bank account balances are properly maintained. Monitor incoming emails regarding loan sales and purchases which will affect daily cash position needs
· Maintain the fixed asset prepaid and accrual systems. Reconcile subsystems to general ledger.
· Maintain the Investment system, process investment transactions, reconcile investment safekeeping and activity to sub-ledgers.
· Maintain BankTEL AP administrator duties with responsibilities to include maintaining user access and training of new team members across the organization.
· Assist with all departmental activities relating to general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, investments, bank statements and proof to ensure accuracy. Furnish information to auditors/examiners.
· Assist in preparation and input of monthly and annual budget reporting. Prepare and distribute monthly reports for end users.
· Assist in the financial support of the Credit Union’s Service Organization(s).
· Oversee and maintain an efficient and smooth workflow of the regular daily functions of the accounting department.
· Serve as back up for additional accounting functions including: updating files and GL entries, file transfer, daily cash management and preparation of wire funding.
· Maintain operational soundness of one’s own work as it applies to policies and procedures.
· Ensure confidentiality within all areas of responsibility.
· Positively promote the company, its services and products in various capacities as may be required including: meetings, conferences, community events, fund raising, public relations or other events as they may occur.
· Adherence with company policies that could be amended from time to time.
· Follow all procedures pertaining to the company policies of BSA, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC. Attend trainings when available and to keep abreast of all information regarding changes and updates. Report to Management any acts of disregard to these policies.
· Successfully complete all company required and job specific training.
· Perform additional duties as required.
Qualifications, Education Requirements and Preferred Skills
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum one year of previous accounting experience.
· Strong knowledge and experience with Excel, demonstrating the ability to understand spreadsheets and financial data.
· Good problem solving, analytical skills and self-directed.
· Good interpersonal skills to work with a variety of levels within the organization.
· Must be organized and detail oriented.
· Must be able to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands Efforts
This function requires moderate standing, walking and sitting. Will be sitting while performing computer data entry functions. Position does not involve climbing or crawling but may on occasion kneel/squat. Requires lifting and moderate carrying of items up to 25 pounds such as a banker’s box. Ability to operate normal office equipment such as, telephone, copy machine, fax, scanner, and computer.
Mental & Visual Demands
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus
This position typically works in an office environment. Noise is moderate and typical of conversations and office equipment.
Americans with Disabilities Act
First Citizens’ Federal Credit Union complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment. The company will provide reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship.
· Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
· This job description is subject to change at any time
About First Citizens' Federal Credit Union
Do What's Right, Get Better Every Day, Support & Improve Our Community- Our core values serve as the foundation for how we work and how our people grow.
First Citizens’ is dedicated to helping our customers make the right choices about how to manage, borrow and save their money for the future. We employ over 200 full and part-time team members who believe in building strong, long term relationships so they can achieve the customer’s financial goals. We have locations in New Bedford, Raynham, Taunton, Mattapoisett, Wareham, Falmouth, Mashpee, Hyannis, Orleans, Hanover and a lending office in Plymouth, MA.
We are committed to providing the best possible environment for development and goal achievement for all of our team members. Our practice is to treat each team member as an individual while developing a spirit of teamwork; individuals working together to attain a common goal. We’re looking for people with innovative ideas and a passion for a challenge. We’ve created a workplace in which everyone has the ability to come as you are and seek to bring people of various backgrounds, skills, and experience together. Diversity fuels creativity and enables people to do their best work; and what more could we ask for.