Contact delinquent customers in order to secure payment, prevent migration, reduce loss, minimize expense and stabilize any portfolio deterioration. Support the servicing of multiple financial institutions (including banks and credit unions).
Essential Functions – Listed below are some of the essential functions to carry out this job.
· Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with customer relationship interaction and strive to quantify and minimize the financial institution’s risk of loss.
· Handle routine collection contacts to delinquent customers from assigned queue and document collection efforts.
· Minimize delinquency of a specifically assigned portfolio segment and meet month-end deadlines.
· Negotiate payment arrangements to bring accounts current. Record factual contact information and payment arrangements.
· Conduct all collection activity in accordance with Coastal and Financial Institutions (FI) policy and federal and state regulatory standards.
· Meet standard service levels set by the management.
· Resolve complex problems with limited guidance.
· Responsible for skip tracing.
· Ensure confidentiality within all areas of responsibility.
· Positively promote the company, its services and products in various capacities as may be required including: meetings, conferences, community events, fund raising, public relations or events as they may occur.
· Adherence with company policies that could be amended from time to time.
· Follow all procedures pertaining to the company policies of BSA, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC. Attend trainings when available and to keep abreast of all information regarding changes and updates. Report to Management any acts of disregard to these policies.
· Successfully complete all company required and job specific training.
· Perform additional duties as required.
Qualifications, Education Requirements and Preferred Skills
· High school diploma or equivalent. College preferred.
· Six months customer service experience.
· Collection experience preferred.
· Banking experience preferred.
· Some exposure to indirect vehicle secured portfolio helpful.
· Basic math and computer skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Bilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese) a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands Efforts
This function requires moderate standing, walking and sitting. Will be sitting while performing computer data entry functions. Position does not involve climbing or crawling but may on occasion kneel/squat. Requires lifting and moderate carrying of items up to 25 pounds such as a banker’s box. Ability to operate normal office equipment such as, telephone, copy machine, fax, scanner, and computer.
Mental & Visual Demands
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus
This position typically works in an office environment. Noise is moderate and typical of conversations and office equipment.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Coastal Outsourced Solutions complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment. The company will provide reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship.
· Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
· This job description is subject to change at any time.