Camp Wingate*Kirkland seeks a bright and energetic person with a positive attitude to assist in running the office operation. We are looking for someone who can think on their feet, prioritize and multi-task. A pleasant and professional demeanor with parents and the ability to be fun and easygoing with campers and staff is a must. Must have strong customer service, database experience, superior problem solving skills and enthusiasm for working with kids.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer phones, take messages, assist callers when appropriate
- Respond to emails in a professional manner
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain Camper database
- Manage Camp calendar
- Various errands for printing, post office and office supplies
- Be familiar with Camp policies and philosophy for appropriate conversation and correspondence with current and prospective campers, parents and staff members
- Understand role and procedure during Emergency/Crisis Prevention
- Keep office tidy including common bathroom
- Be willing to share office space with three friendly and fluffy dogs
- Ability to work independently
- Smile a lot, have fun and be happy
This is a temporary position that runs from April to September.
Interested? Send an email or resume to [email protected]
About Camp Wingate*Kirkland
Camp Wingate * Kirkland is not your average summer camp. It’s a wildly fun and radically welcoming co-ed summer camp on Cape Cod, MA that offers overnight camp for children ages 7-16 and day camp for ages 4-12. Six core values underscore the vibrant W*K culture that campers know and love.
W*K is a safe place where campers can try new things without the social pressures of what’s considered cool or not cool! We are a traditional camp in many ways, staying true to old fashioned values. And like it was over 60 years ago – W*K is not a “plugged in” camp.