Responsible for performing general warehouse activities including pulling merchandise from a pick list, physical breakdown of merchandise, building and shrink-wrapping packages, moving merchandise from sales floor to staging area, using handheld scanner to verify merchandise counts and update merchandise locations, and operating equipment. Omni Experience Ambassador will be working within all digital initiatives including: BOPIC, BOPIC Fresh, Curbside, Express Pay and Ship from Club.
• Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
• We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
• Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
• Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
• Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
• Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
• Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
• Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
• Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
• Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
• Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
• Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
• Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
• Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
• Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
• All items stocked and promotional plans executed
• Maintain visible accurate signage
• Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
• Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
• See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
• Processes member purchases in a fast, courteous, and friendly manner by pulling merchandise from a pick list. Utilizes a handheld scanner device (RF) device to pick orders from the sales floor. Uses handheld scanner device (RF) to verify merchandise. Builds boxes, shrink wraps packages, moves merchandise from sales floor to staging area.
• Communicates problems with inventory and/or equipment and communicates expired or short-dated items included on pick list.
· Communicates with club team when merchandise needs to be replenished.
• Ensures that all orders are picked in a timely manner.
· Works with team to have merchandise pulled from reserve area when possible, to avoid sales floor replenishment.
· Ensures all orders are picked in a timely manner to meet all productivity requirements. Works with a high level of urgency to ensure deadlines are met. Follows operational efficiencies, processes and productivity standards with adherence to established SOP for BOPIC, BOPIC Fresh, Curbside and Ship from Club.
· Wraps and secures the merchandise to the pallet prior to transport. Clearly labels pallets with required information.
• Prints staging ticket, packing slip, shipping labels, and other related documents.
• Securely packages the order in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Processes the shipment through BJ’s Pick Up & Pay and other systems.
• Oversees the package carrier pick up.
• Ensures the SFC area is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard from the work area. Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Processes returns to the club and makes determination on how to handle (via DDR or Membership desk)
• Orders supplies for the department
• Maintains open communication with Home Office liaison and reviews any issues relative to the ship-from-club process
• Reports on ship-from-club results on a regular basis
• Maintains all club policies and procedures.
• Maintains all club policies and procedures.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Previous order pulling experience preferred.
• Big box/wholesale retail experience preferred.
• Previous RF scanner experience preferred.
· Most of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to examine and/or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and stooping.
· Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
· Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order to be heard. There may be exposure to temperature extremes at time to pull refrigerated orders.
· There may be occasional exposure to Company-approved cleaning agents.