Slices, packages, weighs, and sells various deli products, including meats and cheeses. Prepares, packages and maintains prepared foods products and cases. Maintains the presentation and cleanliness of the deli, including deli display cases. Provides assistance to Members in the deli department.
• Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
• We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable .
• Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
• Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
• Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
• Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
• Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
• Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
• Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
• Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
• Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
• Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
• Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
• Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
• Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
• All items stocked and promotional plans executed
• Maintain visible accurate signage
• Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
• Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
• See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
· Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers questions and recommends deli items. Answers Member calls and takes special orders.
· Slices, packages, and weighs deli products, including cheeses and meats. Helps Members select the correct products. Samples product to assist in purchasing decisions. Prepares and packages prepared food items, special orders and party trays.
· Receives and inspects deli shipments. Displays, stocks, rotate, and stores deli products following food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
· Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows appropriate product salvage policies and procedures.
· Ensures deli cooler shelves and deli display cases have a wide variety of product. Stocks and rotates deli items when necessary.
· Operates and handles deli equipment in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
· Cleans and sanitizes deli equipment and food surfaces throughout the department, including rotisserie ovens, cooking utensils, refrigerated cases, and the deli cooler.
· Ensures scale systems are in working order. Makes sure items are weighed and priced accurately.
· Maintains all club policies and procedures.
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
· Work experience in a deli department preferred.
· Prior experience operating manual/power slicers and scales preferred.
· Knowledge of deli products preferred.
· At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
· Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
· Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
· Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.