Working closely with the Front-End Manager, the Omni Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction within the club and driving club performance, particularly for the departments that he/she directly manages. Perform all OMNI functions, lead the Omni team members and to establish operational efficiencies, maintain policies and procedures and deliver an outstanding member experience. Responsible for the administration of all digital initiatives including: BOPIC, BOPIC Fresh, Curbside, Express Pay and Ship from Club.
• Know their business/business acumen. Exhibit strategic thinking and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and utilization of business data.
• Lead through change. Model leadership competencies, build credibility and act as a champion for business growth.
• Communicate effectively. Provide the information teams require to be successful.
• Build high performing teams by creating a culture of collaboration. Provide honest and timely direction, follow up and feedback that will drive business results and support team member engagement.
• Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and accountability.
• Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process. Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility to enable the application of policies, procedures, and compliance.
• Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting, ethical decision making and engagement. Lead with the team member and member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
• Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the team members.
• Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.
• Guarantee service excellence through all points of contact.
• Set service standard expectations for all team members. Provide team support and empowerment to resolve every member concern.
• Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
• Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
• Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
• Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Lead teams to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
• Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
• All items stocked and promotional plans executed
• Maintain visible accurate signage
• Clean and organized, inside, and out
• Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain maintained
Know Your Business:
• Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total club and department performance.
• Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to identify trends and areas of opportunity.
• Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it before it negatively impacts club performance metrics.
• Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection between consistent operational performance and achieving club financial targets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
· Process Member purchases in a fast, courteous, and friendly manner by pulling merchandise from a pick list/(RF) device, physical breakdown of merchandise, building and shrink-wrapping packages, moving merchandise from sales floor to staging area.
· Update merchandise locations, and operating equipment, to maintain consistency and organization with product placement and staging areas.
· Utilizes a handheld scanner device (RF) device to pick orders from the sales floor. Uses handheld scanner device (RF) to verify merchandise. Must be able to proficiently master utilization of digital devices.
· Communicates problems with inventory and/or equipment with Home Office and can recommend process improvements with inventory discrepancies.
· Identifies expired or short dated Items included on pick list and communicates concerns with Home Office.
· Ensures all orders are picked in a timely manner to meet all productivity requirements. Works with a high level of urgency to ensure deadlines are met. Ensures operational efficiencies, processes, and productivity standards are executed with 100% adherence to established SOP for BOPIC, BOPIC Fresh, Curbside and Ship from Club.
· Teach, coach and train Omni Experience Ambassadors on club policies and procedures and best order pulling practices.
· Directly manages and assesses Team Member performance, provides actionable feedback and coaches, teaches, and develops talent. Assists in hiring, training, and performance management of all Omni team member. Ensuring all departments are properly staffed.
· Works with club team to have merchandise pulled from reserve area when possible, to avoid sales floor replenishment.
· Ensures the product is properly wrapped and secured to the pallet prior to transport. Clearly labels pallets with required information. Oversees the package carrier pick up.
· Prints staging ticket, packing slip, shipping labels, and other related documents.
· Securely packages the order in accordance with standard operating procedures.
· Processes the shipment through BJ’s Pick Up & Pay
· Ensures the SFC/BOPIC area is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard from the work area. Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with standard operating procedures.
· Processes returns to the club and makes determination on how to handle (via DDR or Membership desk)
· Reviews and manages daily and weekly OMNI reporting.
· Manage and maintain the company standards regarding SLA’s and goals.
· Reviews ordering and replenishment of supplies for the department.
· Maintains all club policies and procedures.
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
· Demonstrate leadership capabilities, including driving team member engagement, managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and communicating results. Able to own and deliver against strategic initiatives and objectives.
· Committed to driving outstanding service to all Members.
· Open shift availability required
· Must be 18 years of age.
· Previous supervisor experience preferred.
· Previous order pulling experience preferred.
· Previous RF scanner experience preferred.
· Computer proficiency required.
Environmental Job Conditions
· Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
· Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
· Located in a comfortable indoor environment surrounded by moving machinery and/or loud equipment. There may be exposure to temperature extremes from freezers and/or coolers.
· There may be occasional exposure to Company-approved cleaning agents.