Proofs and bakes all unfinished bakery goods by following each item’s product handling information using ovens and/or other equipment. Unpacks bakery goods from the freezer and displays proper amounts based on bakery production chart recommendations, including safe handling and storage instructions. Maintains all cleaning and safety standards within the bakery department.
• Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
• We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
• Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
• Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
• Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
• Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
• Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
• Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
• Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
• Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
• Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
• Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
• Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
• Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
• Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
• All items stocked and promotional plans executed
• Maintain visible accurate signage
• Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
• Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
• See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
· Answers questions and recommends bakery items. Answers Member calls and takes special orders.
· Proofs and bakes all unfinished bakery goods by following each item’s product handling information using ovens and/or other equipment. Uses bakery production charts as a guide for production and display needs. Gathers products to be prepared for the next business day.
· Packages freshly baked goods, including cookies, Danish pastries, muffins, rolls, breads, pies, cakes, and other items as needed. Unpacks bakery goods from the freezer and displays proper amounts based on bakery production chart recommendations.
· Decorates special order or case product.
· Rotates and stores bakery products following proper work methods on food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
· Receives, inspects, and stores bakery shipments. Rotates and stores bakery products following food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
· Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows salvage and stale product policies and procedures.
· Generates labels and price tickets for bakery goods and performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced.
· Cleans and sanitizes equipment, display fixtures, and food surfaces in the bakery, including ovens, cooking utensils, refrigerated cases, display racks, and tables.
· Operates and handles bakery equipment using proper work methods in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
· Maintains all club policies and procedures.
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
· Experience working in a bakery or customer service oriented environment preferred.
· Knowledge of bakery products preferred.
· At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
· Most of the time is spent moving about non hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, which can require bending, handling, pulling, reaching, pushing and/or stooping.
· Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
· Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers.
· There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.